Photo Credit: Alexander Krassel / Alamy Stock Photo
- Average net price ($0-$30,000): -$1,070
- Average net price ($30,001-$48,000): $827
- Published total price of attendance: $69,558
- Percentage of students paying full price: 32%
- Undergraduate enrollment: 6,696
- Location: Durham, NC
At -$1,070, Duke University has the lowest average net price for low-income families making $0-$30,000. The negative net price is likely the result of aid awarded to low-income students covering costs not included in the published price of attendance (for example travel and participation in certain clubs/activities). Duke University offers two academic paths for undergraduates: the Trinity College of Arts & Sciences and the Pratt School of Engineering. In addition to its affordability for low-income students, Duke is known for its stellar college basketball team and rivalry with nearby UNC-Chapel Hill. Duke University had an 8.6 percent acceptance rate for the Class of 2022.