Teenage girl burned by oil at Dickey's Barbecue Pit in Limerick

LIMERICK — A teenage girl was airlifted to a hospital after she was burned by oil while working at a local fast-food restaurant.

Sources said the girl was severely burned over at least 30 percent of her body around 5:30 p.m. when a significant amount of cooking oil was somehow dumped on her at Dickey’s Barbecue Pit. She’s reportedly an employee at the establishment located at Park Towne Plaza, off North Lewis Road.

The girl’s identity and exact age were not available at press time.

Limerick police couldn’t immediately comment on the incident Monday evening as they were still conducting an investigation.


Friendship Ambulance out of Royersford took the girl to a field in front of Brooke Elementary School about a block down the road to be airlifted.

Linfield and Limerick fire companies set up a landing area and blocked traffic from entering the school’s parking lot while a stretcher with the victim was loaded onto the helicopter. It took off around 5:55 p.m.

Dickey’s was closed after the incident. Limerick police, along with Gregory Breyer, the township’s fire safety officer who also works as a codes inspector, could be seen inside the restaurant after the incident.

Several customers said they were “rushed out” of the restaurant when the girl was reportedly burned, but were unsure what exactly happened.

Sources indicated the victim suffered burns on her head in addition to other areas of her body.

Follow Frank Otto on Twitter @fottojourno.