The Phoenix Reporter and Item (

Skippack teen to stand trial for stabbing death of Royersford girlfriend

By Frank Otto,

Friday, July 12, 2013

SKIPPACK — The 16-year-old accused of stabbing his 17-year-old girlfriend to death on a section of the Perkiomen Trail waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday and will head to trial for the murder.
District Judge Albert J. Augustine held Tristan Brian Stahley, of Skippack, on all charges, sending the case to Montgomery County Court.
Stahley, a former Perkiomen Valley High School student, stands charged with first- and third-degree murder and possession of a weapon related to the alleged May 25 murder of Julianne Siller, a 17-year-old from Royersford who was scheduled to graduate from Spring-Ford Area High School weeks later.
Stahley is ineligible for bail due to the offenses he’s charged with and Montgomery County District Attorney Jeremy Abidiwan-Lupo asked that Stahley nor a “third party” have any contact with Siller’s family.
The left side of the courtroom behind the prosecution’s table was filled with family and friends of Siller, including her parents and a representative from the Montgomery County Women’s Center.
Stahley’s parents were the lone representatives on his side of the courtroom.
Clad in a red Montgomery County Correctional Facility jumpsuit and bound with shackles, Stahley stared straight ahead when he sat at his table.
Leaving the courtroom after he waived his hearing, Stahley turned toward the wall and did not look at the victim’s family.
Neither Abidiwan-Lupo nor the victim’s family wished to make any comments following the court date.
Attorney Tim Barton, who represented Stahley Wednesday, also declined to make any comments, saying it was “inappropriate at this time” to do so.
According to documents filed by police, Stahley allegedly stabbed Siller multiple times after they got on a part of the Perkiomen Trail near Palmer Park.
He then allegedly dragged her body a short distance off the trail into the woods, ditched the paramedic-style knife he allegedly used and returned home.
Police said Stahley threatened to kill himself with another knife shortly after confessing to his mother. As his father tried to get the knife away from him, Stahley then allegedly began fighting his father.
Once the state police arrived, Stahley reportedly confessed to them as well and led troopers to Siller’s body. Police said they also recovered the bloody knife in the area.
Stahley’s trial is scheduled to begin with a formal arraignment Aug. 28 at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown.