Schwenksville, PA– Bring the family for a day of free fun Saturday, August 3, 2013 from 11:00am to 3:00pm as Pennypacker Mills celebrates all the old-fashioned outdoor activities that were enjoyed during days of summer one hundred years ago!
• Meet Bob Swain, “The Bike Guy,” who will amaze visitors with his collection of antique and modern bicycles, some of which will be available to ride.
• Enjoy the music and songs of Cracked Walnuts, a washboard duo, who will entertain everyone with popular songs from the 19th century out on the mansion porch.
• Stop by the Vintage Photograph Venue, dress up in period clothing, and create unique pictures to share with family and friends.
• Play Victorian lawn games and have the kids make summer crafts.
• Take a walk through the Children’s Heritage Garden and find out about the heirloom varieties that are grown there.
• Stop by the 1900s History Center (located in the red barn), where exhibits and hands-on fun always await.
• Visit the car show, hosted by the Delaware Valley Classic MG Car Club.
• Take a tour of the beautiful (and air-conditioned) Pennypacker Mansion.
For more information, please contact Pennypacker Mills at 610-287-9349.
Pennypacker Mills Historic Site is operated by the Montgomery County Department of Assets and Infrastructure, Division of Parks, Trails, and Historic Sites. Located at the intersection of Skippack Pike (Route 73) and Haldeman Road in Schwenksville, Montgomery County, PA, Pennypacker Mills offers guided tours, changing exhibits, seasonal events, and educational programs. For more information about this and future events, please call 610-287-9349 or visit the website at www.montcopa.org/pennypackermills.