Former Spring-Ford, current University of Delaware QB stabbed

Former Spring-Ford quarterback and reported stabbing victim Trevor Sasek in action for the Delaware Blue Hens. (File photo)
Former Spring-Ford quarterback and reported stabbing victim Trevor Sasek in action for the Delaware Blue Hens. (File photo)

NEWARK, Del. — Former Spring-Ford Area High School quarterback Trevor Sasek was identified by several sources as the 22-year-old stabbed here after an early-morning argument Sunday.

According to Esteban Parra, Kevin Tresolini and Sean O’Sullivan of Delaware Online, Sasek, currently a quarterback in the mix for a starting role with the University of Delaware Blue Hens, was the student victim mentioned by Newark police.

The official Spring-Ford football Twitter feed also urged followers on Monday to “keep Trevor Sasek in your thoughts this morning.”

The Twitter feed continued: “Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.”


Michael J. Creed, 25, from Newark, was arrested in the incident that left Sasek with three stab wounds “to the chest and abdomen” which required surgery, Newark Police said in a release Monday.

Police listed the victim in stable condition.

A representative for Christiana Hospital told The Mercury there was no one by Sasek’s name there. It is unclear if he was transferred or released.

Some time after 1 a.m. Sunday, Creed reportedly began yelling across a municipal parking lot toward a group of people. The victim, believed to be Sasek, reportedly approached Creed, who leaned into a car, then came out, grabbed the victim by the shoulder and began “making punching motions toward the victim.”

Creed then ran away, police said, and the victim realized he’d been stabbed.

Around 1:20 a.m., Newark Police reportedly responded to the area and learned Sasek was taken to Christiana Hospital “by private vehicle.”

Through an investigation and using surveillance cameras in the area, police were able to determined what happened and arrested Creed.

He was charged with assault of the first degree and possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, according to police.

Information on bail was unavailable but he was “in custody at Newark Police Headquarters,” Monday.

A spokesperson for the University of Delaware said the university isn’t making comments on the situation since it’s part of an “ongoing investigation” and would not confirm the identity of the wounded student.

Story updated 7:10 p.m. on May 13.

Follow Frank Otto on Twitter @fottojourno.