The Phoenix Reporter and Item (

UPDATED: Norco fire deemed ‘accidental' (video)

By Eileen Faust,

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

NORTH COVENTRY ó Officials believe the fire in a Mount Zion Avenue home where a woman was found dead Tuesday morning was accidental in nature.
Township Fire Marshal Ron Comtois said there was nothing suspicious about the fire, though its cause and origins are not yet being released.
Comtois said the patrolman who came upon the fire around 3:58 a.m. attempted to enter the home but could not and called the fire department.
Responding firefighters discovered a deceased woman, whom officials were not identifying, on the kitchen floor of the home.
A cause of death is pending an autopsy, Comtois and the Chester County Coronerís Office both confirmed.
A member of the coronerís office said the identity of the deceased woman was not being released until all of the family was notified.
Earlier Tuesday, Police Chief Robert A. Schurr said the officer who discovered the fire was on routine foot patrol. There were no other people or pets in the home at the time of the fire and it was contained to the kitchen of the home.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.
The fire is being investigated by the North Coventry police and fire marshalís office with the assistance of the Chester County Fire Marshal and the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal.
NORTH COVENTRY ó A womanís body was found in the kitchen area of a home at 138 Mount Zion Ave. in the South Pottstown section of the township early this morning after firefighters responded to a report of a fire.
According to North Coventry Police Chief Robert A. Schurr, the fire was discovered by a township officer on foot patrol.
The fire was reported shortly before 4 a.m. Tuesday, according to Mercury staff at the scene.
Click here for a locater map.
Police would not release details on the fire or identifying information of the person who was killed pending notification of the deceasedís family.
No animals were in the house or injured in the fire, according to police, who also said the fire was contained to one area of the house and quickly extinguished by responding fire companies.
Check back here for updates on this story